Website Capilano University
At Capilano University, students are our focus. Employees play an essential role in creating an exceptional learning experience for students and a thriving campus community. Together, we are a high-performing team of individuals who make Capilano University one of the leading teaching universities in British Columbia and one of BC’s Top Employers. Grounded by our sense of purpose, we offer a meaningful, friendly and dynamic work environment.
As the administrator of the Student Housing Services team, you will be instrumental in driving the success of current and future housing initiatives at Capilano University by balancing ancillary, revenue generating objectives and the role of residence as an engaging and student-centered learning environment. You will be leading the areas of residence operations, residence life, housing planning and policy, conferences and events, and dining services. We are looking for someone to help us continue to build on the success of current and future housing initiatives and create exceptional experiences for our employee and student community. You will work with a team of talented Student Housing Services professionals, an engaged community, and a driven executive team.
Do you share our purpose and passion?
What you’ll do
• Responsible for the daily operations, occupancy management, facilities maintenance, and contract services of current and future residence facilities and provides strategic and directional leadership to the Student Housing Services department.
• Oversees Residence Life programming, conduct, and wellbeing and ensures the delivery of student success driven learning and engagement opportunities that are informed by best practice and theory.
• Leads the development of a multi-year housing plan to inform new housing construction and requirements and develops policies, procedures, and programs that support institutional goals for student and employee housing.
• Manages the food services contract for housing as well as dining services for the North Vancouver campus.
• Provides oversight and delivery of conference rentals, short-term rentals and other spaces to increase utilization of facilities year-round.
What you’ll bring
• Master’s degree required or equivalent. Educational background in business, education, psychology, or another related field.
• A minimum of seven years of recent experience in post-secondary student housing or an equivalent field.
• Formal training in crisis response and emergency management is considered an asset.
• Holds and continually maintains a valid class 5 British Columbia driver’s license (in order to travel between off campus housing and the North Vancouver campus).
To apply for this job please visit jobs-capilanou.peopleadmin.com.