Website Capilano University
Capilano University in beautiful North Vancouver, BC is currently seeking a Residence Life Facilitator – Operations and Conferences.
Working with us
At Capilano University, students are our focus. Employees play an essential role in creating an exceptional learning experience for students and a thriving campus community. Together, we are a high-performing team of individuals who make Capilano University one of the leading teaching universities in British Columbia and one of BC’s Top Employers. Grounded by our sense of purpose, we offer a meaningful, friendly and dynamic work environment.
As a member of the Student Housing Services team, you will be instrumental in helping achieve operational and student success in CapU Residence through the implementation of a diverse array of programs and initiatives in a variety of portfolios. You will be engaging in the areas of summer conference rentals, marketing and communications, and residence facilities/IT projects, while supporting the day-to-day operations and student experience in CapU Residence. We are looking for someone to help us continue to build our operational and student success and create exceptional experiences for our employee and student community. You will work with a team of talented Student Housing Services professionals, an engaged community, and a driven executive team.
Do you share our purpose and passion?
What you’ll do
• Leads the summer conference rental and summer operations portfolio including bookings, services, and customer/student experience and contributes to the future development of the summer rentals program.
• Develops new marketing and promotional strategies and initiatives for CapU Residence, prepares all communications for prospective and current residents, and contributes to the assessment of existing programs in Student Housing Services.
• Acts as the main point of contact for projects and activities related to the improvement and maintenance of spaces, software, and equipment in residence.
• Provides 24 hour on-call coverage to the residence community on a scheduled, rotating basis, responding to emergencies related to facilities or persons. Maintains a 45 minute maximum incident response time. Note: this position is not required to live in residence.
What you’ll bring
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as psychology, social work, business or education or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Three (3) years of experience in post-secondary student housing and residence life or directly related field with demonstrated work and training related to student development.
• Formal training in mental wellness crisis response (ASIST, Mental Health First Aid, etc.) and/or extensive experience effectively responding to crises of this nature.