This Honour is given to individuals deemed to have provided outstanding service related to Residence Life within the RLPA region. Typically given to individuals who are retiring, moving into a different area of work or moving out of our region, this award recognizes professionals who have dedicated significant time to our field and in doing so, positively impacted the lives of both students and colleagues.
The Executive Board determines each year if any professionals are deserving of this award and announce recipients at the Annual General Meeting. Those selected are given a lifetime membership to the RLPA, including complimentary registration at all future meetings they would like to attend.
The award criteria include:
- Outstanding contribution to the field of residence life within the RLPA region
- Long term service within the field
- Lasting impact on the field and its practitioners
- Lasting impact on students
- Formal service on the board is not required but can be taken into account
For questions regarding this award, or if you are nominating a current executive member, please contact the Past-President.