Master Plan 2018-2020
Supporting our membership through thoughtful and intentional actions. See the progress below!
Master Plan 2018-2020
Objective status, completition and responsibilty
Board Administration and Responsibilities
- Review roles and responsibilities of board members and create a monthly task list for each position 50% 50%
- Create a quarterly board report template to provide membership at each meeting 50% 50%
- Create training and onboarding for new board members 60% 60%
The Board of Directors is currently undertaking the creation of a Google Classroom onboarding system for new board members. Through the creation of this onboarding classroom current board members are undertaking a review of their current positions, creating yearly position task lists and transfering necessary knowledge to an easy to access system.
A template is currently being created for regular board updates to be presented at meetings and throughout the year.
Identity of the Association
- Create a resource list of what is currently being offered to the membership to ensure alignment with mission statement 85% 85%
- Revisit Mission Statement to ensure that it accurately represents the Association’s work 100% 100%
- Develop order of operations for major decisions and actions taken by the BOD 40% 40%
The Board of Directors through the creation of a special committee developed a Mission, Vision, and Guiding Principles for the Association. These can be viewed on the home web page. This work saw involvement from committee members, members at large through surveys and feedback sessions to create this important guiding document for the Association.
A list of all activitities and programming was compiled and is being reviewed agains the Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles to ensure alignment and value.
Benchmarking is currently underway to review board decision making steps and procedures from other associations for potential adoption within the RLPA.
Communication and Technology
- Develop communication strategy and outreach plan (newsletters, social media, correspondence to membership) 70% 70%
- Review content, accessibility and overall functioning of the website 75% 75%
- Develop an annual review plan to ensure membership and contact lists are accurate 75% 75%
A draft Marketing and Communications plan has been created that reviews the current communication platforms of the RLPA alongside the needs of the Association. This guide will be reviewed and finalized with intentional details and planning for a sustainable communications strategy for the Association.
The website went through a review and remodel at the start of the Master Plan. Through work that occured increased functionality was added such as a Job Board, change in graphics and layout. Work is underway to create a members only section that will allow the secure storage of sensitive information such as membership directory, meeting minutes/notes, etc..
Membership renewal was evaluated in 2019 and 2020 with the creation of a new online form that allows institutions to update their yearly membership directory at the due process. This has allowed a more up-to-date directory of members that is tied with an existing process to complete at one time. Regular callouts for membership updates are sent out to help ensure an up-to-date directory.
- Create a sustainable spending model and strategy plan that reviews current spending practices 100% 100%
- Research and explore savings, fundraising and investment opportunities 100% 100%
- Determine appropriate reserve account balance 100% 100%
- Compare member dues with other regional associations 100% 100%
An extensive review of the RLPA financials was completed over the last two years (2018, and 2019). Through this work specific standards were created to help ensure mininum account balances (reserve), direction on future funding, creation of the Corporate Sponsorship Director Board Position and more.
Work in this area is always ongoing to help ensure fiscal sustainability within the Association for future years.
Membership Recruitment and Makeup
- Create a membership recruitment strategy plan 30% 30%
- Create a strategy to check in with member institutions annually regarding their membership 30% 30%
- Create a new member handbook to provide new professionals within the region 80% 80%
In 2018 a New Member handbook was created to help provide specific Association information to new members as they join. Work is underway to shift this to a yearly guide of the RLPA that can be shared with all members.
Intentional strategies are underdevelopment for continued outreach to members to ensure value of the RLPA.
Membership Engagment and Programming and Services
- Identify current programs being offered to all levels of our membership and review overall success through a cost-benefit analysis 80% 80%
- Provide opportunities for General Members to get involved with the BOD 80% 80%
- Create annual programming schedule (Meetings, drive in conferences, Webinars etc.) 80% 80%
- Survey membership on their PD needs and overall satisfaction with membership (Meeting timelines, membership dues. Programming offered) 50% 50%
A list of all activities has been created that the RLPA currently hosts each year. This list is being evlauated against benefit and alignment with our Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles. A review of these events and activities will help shape our future to ensure that we are covering all applicable areas.
A review of our PD offerings is about to start to create intentional PD tailored towards membership needs through a committee system.
The Board of Directors has created various engagment opportunities throughout the past few years with intentional thought on membership engagement. A new Engagement Call Out Tool is being created that will allow members to understand the full depth of the engagement including timelines, expected time committement, alignment with professional competencies and more.