The Residence Life Professional Association acknowledges the important and significant contributions that student leaders make to the residence environment. Each year, the RLPA honours outstanding student leaders and inducts them into our own Residence Hall of Fame. The individuals listed here have made a difference in residence by displaying leadership skills and commitment within the campus community. Each of them in their own way has demonstrated superior leadership within residence and has made campus life better for the residents.
In order to be considered for admittance into the RLPA Leadership Society, candidates must:
- Have been a student resident of an RLPA member institution in the academic year nominated
- Be nominated by a full-time staff member from their institution
- Be in good standing academically at their institution
- Have demonstrated superior leadership within the residence community
- Each school may nominate up to 10% of its student leader group!
Superior Leadership shall be discerned at the discretion of the member institution’s residence life professional or housing manager. Demonstrated qualities of leadership may include, but are not limited to, the following traits, skills or behaviors:
- Effective Communicator
- Stress Tolerant
- Assumes Responsibility
- Contributes to the Team
For questions regarding this award, or if you are nominating a current executive member, please contact the Past-President.