ACUHO-I STARS College is an educational experience for student staff that precedes the ACUHO-I Annual Conference. This opportunity is designed for students who are interested in a career in residence life and housing. STARS College mentors students in the areas of resume building, graduate studies, and networking with other students and highly experienced professionals.
The Residence Life Professional Association (RLPA) will provide up to two, $500 scholarships to assist student staff from member institutions to attend STARS College. Applicants will be considered if they fulfill the following criteria:
- Have at least one year of full time post-secondary education remaining after STARS College attendance.
- Demonstrated significant interest in housing via involvement and/or jobs in the field of housing, Residence Life, or Residence Student Associations.
- Obtain Institutional support to attend STARS College; in the form of funding and/or written consent.
- Currently attending an RLPA member institution
- Attend and fully participate in STARS College.
Applicants will be assessed on the following material:
- A letter of recommendation from a current supervisor or mentor in the housing profession
- A maximum 650 word response to the following questions:
- What involvement have you had in the housing and/or residence life field?
- What are your career aspirations?
- What are you hoping to get out of the STARS College experience?
- Please submit your application by May 30
Should an applicant fail to meet all of the criteria but feels that they warrant consideration, we encourage applicants to apply anyway, stating the criteria they do meet, and why a special consideration should be made. The selection committee will consider these applications on merit, and on a case-by-case basis.
For more information on STARS College, please visit www.acuho-i.org/stars