Get Involved with the RLPA
If you are looking to make a meaningful impact in the region and on the field of residence and housing, consider getting involved with the RLPA! The RLPA offers a range of committees and Board positions that allow you to contribute to the development of policies and practices in the field of residence life. By joining RLPA, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals in your field, gain valuable leadership skills, and make a difference in the lives of students. Don’t miss out on this chance to grow both personally and professionally.
How You Can Get Involved
Anti-Racism and Reconciliation Working Group
The Anti-Racism and Reconciliation (ARR) Working Group aims to provide feedback and recommendations to the RLPA Board of Directors on matters of policy and governance on operational matters from an equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) lens. The group is responsible for a few tasks, which include:
- Making recommendations to the RLPA Board of Directors for changes to processes, bylaws, resources, practices and advocacy that impacts the representation of members.
- Organizing events and training opportunities for RLPA members that support equity, inclusion, and diversity in the organization
- Providing information and resources related to anti-racism and reconciliation to RLPA members
If you are interested in learning more about how to join the ARR Working Group, please reach out to the RLPA President at email@example.com.
LEAD Conference Planning Committee
Each year, the LEAD Conference Co-Chairs put out a call to professional staff in the region to form the LEAD Professional Staff Planning Committee. The committee has been responsible for numerous important LEAD Conference tasks including:
- Case study competition creation
- Selection of keynote speaker
- Organization of conference swag
- Evening activities & conference social activities
- LEAD presentation callouts & selection
- LEAD theme & overall vision of LEAD Conference
If you are interested in learning more about when this opportunity will be available, please reach out to the LEAD Co-Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of the RLPA Board positions are determined through an election process. Sitting on the Board is a great way to gain a deeper knowledge of the RLPA and serve the members in our region. They are also great learning experiences that support your professional development. If you have any questions about any current or future Board position vacancies, please reach out to the RLPA Past President at email@example.com.
Stay in Touch. Get Involved.
To stay up to date with the involvement opportunities in the RLPA, please sign up for the listserv. The listserv is a way to email all RLPA members with specific questions or information you would like to share. It is also the way that you will hear about most RLPA events and offerings. When new members join, please make sure to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be added to the listserv right away to receive updates. Alternatively, members not on the listserv can register themselves here.